Low Sugar Cookie Play Dough Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup softened butter (room temp, not melted)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- food coloring (optional)
- Sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried lavender, lemon zest
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- In a big bowl, mix all the flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, and vanilla together with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- If you want to make a colored dough, separate the dough into as many colors as you have. Start with a drop of food coloring for each section of dough. Knead the dough by hand to mix in the colors. This should be fun for the kids.
- At this point, kids can start playing with the dough. you can add the optional toppings. Use sparingly if you are planning to eat these. Too much lavender is not yummy.
- When ready to bake, place your cookie creations on a pan and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely before icing.
Cookie Icing Recipe
Mix the powdered sugar with the milk. Divide into little dishes and add a drop or two of food coloring. Kids can use a small paintbrush to decorate the cookies.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. A qualifying purchase is if you click on an affiliate link on my blog, then complete a purchase. No additional cost is added to your purchase. The money I earn from affiliate links is use towards more supplies to create unique and educational activities that I share with anyone that reads my blog.
*This recipe is adapted from Yummy Toddler Food