This is a step-by-step tutorial on how to add Zhuyin in Microsoft word. Adding Zhuyin, also known as Bopomofo, is useful for creating flashcards, labels, worksheets, and any documents for learning Chinese. Zhuyin is a Phonetic system used in Taiwan that helps you sound out the characters and aids in better pronunciation.
Add Zhuyin to Text in Microsoft Word
First, update your language Setting.
1. From the top menu, click on Word. Then select Preferences.
2. Click on East Asian Languages.
3. Select Traditional Chinese. The Zhuyin option does not work without first changing your language to Traditional Chinese.
Next, add Zhuyin to selected text
4. Select the text you want to add Zhuyin to.
5. From the top menu, click on Format, Asian Layout, and click on Phonetic Guide.
6. Select the size to make the Zhuyin bigger or smaller.
7. Now Zhuyin has been added to your text.
Like this post? Check out more tech tips and tricks for learning Chinese.