This is a step-by-step tutorial on how to add Pinyin in Microsoft word. Adding Pinyin is useful for creating flashcards, labels, worksheets, and any documents for learning Chinese. Pinyin is a Phonetic system that helps Chinese learners sound out the characters and aids in better pronunciation.
Add Pinyin to Text in Microsoft Word
First, update your language Setting.
1. From the top menu, click on Word. Then select Preferences.
2. Click on East Asian Languages.
3. Select Simplified Chinese. The Pinyin option does not work without first changing your language to Simplified Chinese.
Next, add Pinyin to selected text
4. Select the text you want to add Pinyin to.
5. From the top menu, click on Format, Asian Layout, and click on Phonetic Guide.
6. Change the alignment to Centered. Adjust the size of the Pinyin to fit your text.
7. Now Pinyin has been added to your text.
Like this post? Check out more tech tips and tricks for learning Chinese.