Taiwanese and Mexican??? You might think I’ve been in California too long but don’t hate it until you try it. This corn was so good that my whole family said OH MY! I miss New York City’s Mexican street corn and the salty-sweet corn at the night markets in Taiwan. I decided to try and combine the two flavors and boom, perfection! So why not give my Taiwanese Mexican street corn Recipe a try?
For simplicity, I boiled the corn. This corn can be grilled for a more authentic taste.
Taiwanese Mexican Street Corn
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 2 tbsp grated cotija (Mexican cheese) substitute parmesan
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- tbsp kewpie (Japanese mayonnaise) substitute regular mayonnaise or sour cream
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 dash Tony Chacherie's
- 1 dash five spice powder
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Boil the fresh corn for 3-5 minutes. Rotate the corn to cook evenly.
- Mix the oyster sauce, kewpie, white pepper, Tony Chacherie's, and five spice powder.
- Drain the corn and brush on the sauce.
- Sprinkle with cojita and cilantro.