Mango Coconut Tapioca Chia Pudding
Start to finish: 20 minutes (not including setting time)
Makes about 8 servings
- 1/2 cup small tapioca pearls
- 2 1/2 cups milk*
- 14 oz can of coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar*
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- fresh mango, peeled and diced
- lime zest (optional)
- Add milk, coconut milk, tapioca, and salt to a pot. Heat on medium low while stirring. Cook until the tapioca turns clear. This step is very important. If there is any white in the tapioca pearl it will be hard and chalky. Cooking the tapioca will take about 15-30 minutes, depending on the size and brand of tapioca pearls.
- Remove from heat and add sweetener and vanilla extract. While continuing to stir, add chia seeds. This keeps the chia from clumping together.
- Cool to room temperature. If the pudding seems dry you can add more milk, a little at a time until it’s thinner than pudding. The chia seeds will absorb most of the liquid.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. The prepared pudding can be refrigerated for a couple days. Top with fruit and sprinkle with lime zest right before serving.
- *Substitutions: After making this recipe with different milk and sweeteners, I prefer the original recipe. If you substitute, add more or less liquid. You should be able to mix without the tapioca and chia seeds clumping.
- For overnight oats, add 1/2 cup old fashion oats and 1/2 cup milk along with the chia seeds. You’ll probably want to add a little more sweetener to desired sweetness.
Enjoy this content? Please like and share! 🙂