Sweet peanut soup or 花生湯 (huāshēng tāng) in Mandarin, is a delicious treat that can be eaten hot or cold. Peanuts can take up to 8 hours to cook, but with this Instant Pot sweet peanut soup recipe, you can have your dessert in a little over an hour.
In the winter you can add 湯圓 (tāngyuán) and a bit of ginger or add the peanuts to red bean soup to warm you up when the weather cold. In the summer the cooked peanuts can be used as a topping for shaved ice or 豆花 (dòuhuā).
Instant Pot Sweet Peanut Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 12 oz raw skinless peanuts
- 1/4 cup rock sugar any type of sugar is fine
- 6 cups water
- Rinse the peanuts
- Soak overnight in the water.
- Transfer the peanuts and liquid into the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 40 minutes.
- Allow nature pressure release. This will take about 30 minutes.
- Add more sugar to desired sweetness.